WadeL
I have a 8kw Generac. The yellow light has come on, along with the green light. The displays say something about checking the battery.
I replaced the battery 3 years ago and had the generator serviced last year.

Is this a timed message urging me to check the battery, or has it found something wrong?
It says the battery voltage is 14.2v, so it seems like it is good.

I don't have a hygrometer. Should I get one, or is just making sure the level is high enough adequate?

According to the manual, I turn it to off, remove the 7.5a fuse, and turn off the utility power before working on the battery. Is that right? (I know the service man has never turned off the utility power, as he has never been in the house)
Quote
Discover
It is a timed message what you to inspect the battery clean the top of the terminals so acid doesn’t leak and the partic get suck into the generator winding also good idea to wipe in between the terminal so there is not a conductive path to short battery or the charger which is an expensive replacement because it’s built into the controlller
Quote
Skip Douglas SkipD
In addition to the recommendations above, be sure to check the electrolyte level in each cell (assuming that you have a battery with removable cell covers) and make sure that the electrolyte level is where it should be (which is above the tops of the lead plates in the cell).
Skip Douglas
Quote
Hodgy
.

Happens on the anniversary of activating the generator.

.
Quote
grsthegreat
WadeL;52930 wrote:
I have a 8kw Generac. The yellow light has come on, along with the green light. The displays say something about checking the battery.
I replaced the battery 3 years ago and had the generator serviced last year.

Is this a timed message urging me to check the battery, or has it found something wrong?
It says the battery voltage is 14.2v, so it seems like it is good.

I don't have a hygrometer. Should I get one, or is just making sure the level is high enough adequate?

According to the manual, I turn it to off, remove the 7.5a fuse, and turn off the utility power before working on the battery. Is that right? (I know the service man has never turned off the utility power, as he has never been in the house)

I always pull the T1 fuse in the transfer switch before pulling a battery cable off so that the battery charger circuit is shut off.

Also, this is a timed service check. if you hit the enter button two times it will clear the alert.
Quote