Joey96er
I've recently tried to start a unit that was hooked up to high pressure gas supply. It would not start. When I installed test port and connected monometer it pegged it! Will this damage the unit?
The gas co. has now installed a low pressure regulator, but I won't get out to test the unit for a few days.
Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing.
Quote
Skip Douglas SkipD
You could have destroyed the regulator in the generator cabinet.
Skip Douglas
Quote
d11gnccer
Could have damaged the diaphragm in the fuel regulator. Install a manometer in port 2 to verify gas is not bleeding through when the unit is off. Was it natural gas or high pressure propane?

Edit-......Skip beat me to it.
Quote
ceb58
SkipD;7788 wrote:
You could have destroyed the regulator in the generator cabinet.


d11gnccer;7789 wrote:
Could have damaged the diaphragm in the fuel regulator. Install a manometer in port 2 to verify gas is not bleeding through when the unit is off. Was it natural gas or high pressure propane?

Edit-......Skip beat me to it.


Agree with both. Why was a secondary regulator not installed when the gas line was ran?
Quote
Joey96er
Thanks for responding. It's high pressure LP, there is a regulator at the house. I failed to ensure the pipe run was from the load side of the regulator. There was no test port left for me to check pressure, and tried to start the unit. When the unit wouldn't start, I installed fittings to test- and, uh oh. One of those things I'd like a "do over" on. I'll let ya know how it works out.
Quote
Joey96er
Wow! These things are bullet proof. I went back today, a low pressure regulator was installed at the unit. The pressure checked out at the house regulator, the generator regulator and there were no problems running it, no damage done. What a relief. Thank you for your earlier comments.
Quote
josephteel
Fuel selenoid probably aved the unit

Joey96er;7828 wrote:
Wow! These things are bullet proof. I went back today, a low pressure regulator was installed at the unit. The pressure checked out at the house regulator, the generator regulator and there were no problems running it, no damage done. What a relief. Thank you for your earlier comments.


The fule selenoid will not open somewhere above 14 inches Wc which probably svaed the unit from a fire/explosion in the exhaust
Quote