mikroland
Hello guys, I have a 1997 Generac 15KW generator. It has the Fiat 1.6L engine that runs @ 1800 RPM.

I am in desperate need a of a fan pulley assembly which Generac has as part number 97408. The problem is no one has it because it's an obsolete part. So I was hoping someone on this forum has access to one of these units that could serve as a "for parts only" type deal. Also I am looking for a spare water pump (also obsolete) to keep on hand just in case because I heard they can be problematic on these engines. Thanks in advance.
Quote
cookelec
You may want to recheck your part numbers. 97408 is a fan assembly without the pulley.
Quote
mikroland
cookelec wrote:
You may want to recheck your part numbers. 97408 is a fan assembly without the pulley.


Well that is the description. I do realize it doesn't come with the pulley. And I don't really need a pulley. I need the part that the pulley bolts to which is basically just an idler pulley and mounting bracket.

The photo below will show the part I need sitting to the right:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Al7lWZYBVvM6h7MOJzspqrVDB6TN0w
Quote
cookelec
You are correct. That spacer is part of the fan assembly and for the 1800 RPM unit it part # 97406 and that is obsolete.
Quote
mikroland
cookelec wrote:
You are correct. That spacer is part of the fan assembly and for the 1800 RPM unit it part # 97406 and that is obsolete.


According to my diagram the part number is 97408. It's item number 7 in the diagram. Take a look here:
Quote
cookelec
The parts drawing we have and the one you have are different. I have a #97406 for 1800 RPM and a #97408 for 3600 RPM fan assembly. If the drawing you have came with the unit, I would say yours is correct. However, both numbers seem to be obsoleted.
Quote
Birken Vogt
97408 is not obsolete, I suspect it is made to order, it shows not in stock.  Which is why it lists for over $3k I suspect.
Quote
mikroland
Birken Vogt wrote:
97408 is not obsolete, I suspect it is made to order, it shows not in stock.  Which is why it lists for over $3k I suspect.
cookelec wrote:
The parts drawing we have and the one you have are different. I have a #97406 for 1800 RPM and a #97408 for 3600 RPM fan assembly. If the drawing you have came with the unit, I would say yours is correct. However, both numbers seem to be obsoleted.


I'd love to know what the difference is between 97406 and 97408 are... and which one I definitely need. 
Quote
Birken Vogt
I suspect it is an assy, and the pulley is probably the only difference, and if we used the other pulley you could make the obsolete one out of pieces of the regular one, but nobody is going to pay this much to find out.

As stated in another place, just have yours fixed by a local shop.  My customer did and he only had to buy a fan.
Quote
mikroland
Birken Vogt wrote:
I suspect it is an assy, and the pulley is probably the only difference, and if we used the other pulley you could make the obsolete one out of pieces of the regular one, but nobody is going to pay this much to find out.

As stated in another place, just have yours fixed by a local shop.  My customer did and he only had to buy a fan.


working on that now... just wanted to find someone with a "For Parts only" machine like mine as Plan B in the event they can't get the pulley removed without damaging the assembly.
Quote