I installed a 20kw with LTS. The home has a geo thermal unit with 10kw electric backup heat. I would like to have backup heat only active when powering the home with the generator. I am going to use a contactor to disconnect the main heat source. My questions.
1. What is the best way to shut down the geo thermal. Control power or control low voltage control wiring?
2. If controlling the control wiring, Which wires would need to be controlled in the electrical enclosure at the geo unit?
3. Would it be better to use a normally open or a normally closed contactor?
4. Where would be the best place in the LTS to tap off 120V for the contactor coil?
5. Lastly, will Generac be offering any optional load control similar to what is in the Nexus Smart switch.
Thanks for taking the time to answer!
I'm not following you at all. The LTS is a load shed switch. Are you not using it as such? It's very capable of doing what you describe.