Canada_Guy
I check my oil level every few months or around 20 hours of run time.

According to this video from a Generac Pro dealer, I only need to check my oil every 2 years, or 200 hours.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ1-OaL1EbE[/url]
Quote
skutflut
Canada_Guy;35041 wrote:
I check my oil level every few months or around 20 hours of run time.

According to this video from a Generac Pro dealer, I only need to check my oil every 2 years, or 200 hours.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ1-OaL1EbE[/url]


That video is not very precise. He goes through the motions of preparing for an oil change by shutting things down. [B][U]CHANGING[/U][/B] oil is 200 hours or 2 years. You can never [B]check[/B] your oil too often. If something springs a leak, you find out before it becomes a low oil pressure shutdown.
Quote
Canada_Guy
I just thought the video was a bit funny as it was inaccurate and misleading. Not something you would expect from someone that does this for a living.
Quote
skutflut
Canada_Guy;35043 wrote:
I just thought the video was a bit funny as it was inaccurate and misleading. Not something you would expect from someone that does this for a living.


I suspect that video was edited, badly. Cut out a few important details, and nobody checked the continuity of the message. Blame it on the director and film editor... :D
Quote
MacL
skutflut;35044 wrote:
I suspect that video was edited, badly. Cut out a few important details, and nobody checked the continuity of the message. Blame it on the director and film editor... :D


That was the oil level check / change procedure for doing it during an outage.

Since it is the most FAQ.
State your problem, not your diagnosis.
Quote
HKFever
You can not check it too often, might just catch a small issue before it becomes a problem.
Quote
John R
I check mine about every other week after it runs the exercise.
Don't know if it's too often but it makes me feel good.
Quote