Valve lash jam nut torquing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve lash jam nut torquing

Does anyone actually use an inch pound torque wrench and crowfoot to torque the valve lash jam nut? I've tried numerous times with no luck. A 13mm crowfoot and 1/2" crowfoot do not fit the jam nut snug enough to torque the nut without rounding. Any suggestions?

I carry a 1/2in. and 13 mm regular combo wrenches, never have used a torque wrench or crows foot on the jam nut. I've done a lot of wrenching and just have a good feel for it. I service a couple hundred air-cooled and have not had any problems with too loose or too tight on the nut.

Comment

I find that my 1/2 inch wrench fits better than any of the 13mm ones for whatever reason. I use a crowsfoot type on older ones where the lack of space makes it tough to work, but don't feel the need for a torque wrench.

Comment

I use torque wrenches for all internal engine parts and anything safety related. I havenít adjusted lash on my 22k yet but a suspect itís similar to my 20 hp Kawasaki engine on JD425. I donít recall anything difficult about the process. Be sure crow foot at 90 degree angle when at final torque value.

Comment

Thanks very much for the replies.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 67 users online. 6 members and 61 guests.

Most users ever online was 398 at 06:02 PM on April 4th, 2016.

Working...
          X