Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Champion really ending production on #431 spark plug? (RC14YC)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Birken Vogt View Post
    But there are two parallel products, RC12YC and XC12YC and they look similar. Why the difference?

Well all I can find out is that the gaps are different... Maybe just that the electrode is manufactured longer to allow for the extra gap and bend?

Personally I have never seen an XC12YC plug.

Generac includes only RC12YC plugs in the 999cc kits for the 20-22kW's and the new 16-22kW's in the 2017 model line.

The rest are RC14YC4's for the 990-992cc engines. The '4' is just a gap identifier for the .040 gap.
    Last edited by Chris Flagg; December 7th, 2016, 10:02 AM.
    Ziller Electric - Service Manager, Lead Technician
    Zillerelectric.com
    888-2-ZILLER

Comment

Champion XC12YC (982) Copper Plus Small Engine Spark Plug
      Last edited by Chris Flagg; December 12th, 2016, 10:15 AM.

Comment

What does NOT show in the comparison specs is the heat range. That can be critically important for proper operation of an engine and, for that reason alone, I will stay with the RC12YC as long as my generator keeps on running. I have had absolutely no engine running problems with my 2008 vintage 5416 (listed as 18kW).
        Skip Douglas

Comment

On further reading "between the lines" it seems that the XC12YC might be some kind of resistor/inductor combination "optimized for small engines" or something like that.

In my experience, this kind of difference usually makes no difference in real life.
          Last edited by Chris Flagg; December 8th, 2016, 09:30 AM. Reason: Removed link to pic. Their site doesn't allow hotlinking an image.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 57 users online. 3 members and 54 guests.

Most users ever online was 398 at 06:02 PM on April 4th, 2016.

Working...
          X